Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fire and Ice Review

FIRE And ICE Review
Written by Susan Page Davis.

"Robyn Holland’s grandfather is injured in a dog sledding accident, and Robyn blames herself. Her business raising and training sled dogs takes a hard hit when six dogs are stolen from her kennel. Veterinarian Rick Baker helps her investigate the customer she suspects—and they find more than they’d bargained for."

I was recently sent a copy of Fire And Ice to review. This is a Christian Fiction book written by Susan Page Davis. This is part 2 in Susan's Alaska series for Heartsong Presents. I have read some of this author's other works and enjoyed them so I was hoping this one would live up to my expectations. It did!!! I do not have the first book in the series so I am coming in to the story in the middle but the Heartsong books are made to read by themselves so I didn't have a problem getting into it. One of the reasons I liked this book was that it had sled dogs in it. I love seeing the sled races and I used to live in Maine where they had some of the races. Susan has done her research as usual, along with living in Maine, and this is seen throughout the book. Another reason I liked this book was that you have a girl who has not just resigned herself to being single, but she has a joyous life and is happy being single. Overall, this book was a great read! Susan has the 3rd novel in this series coming out April of this year. If you don't have it yet, it can be ordered on Susan's website here.

I was graciously provided a copy of this book for review from Susan Davis. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...