Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Review Of Dead Reckoning by Ronie Kendig.

Hi all,
Today I have a couple reviews including this review of Dead Reckoning by Ronie Kendig. This was the first book I had read from her. I will be posting my review of her newest book, Nightshade, soon too.

This is definitely an author I will be watching. I liked the suspense and mystery in this book. Below is a blurb about the book.

"Underwater archeologist Shiloh Blake is consumed with passion for the water—and anger at the injustices of life. Her first large-scale dig traps her in the middle of a international nuclear arms clash and she flees for her life. When she spots a man trailing her the questions are, “Who is he?” and “How is he always one step ahead?”
Reece Jaxon is a former Green Beret and now serves his country as a spy. His life is entangled by the beguiling Shiloh Blake as he hunts down the sources to a nuclear dead drop in the Arabian Sea. The only way to end this nightmare and prevent a nuclear meltdown is to join forces with Reece.
Will Shiloh violate her vow to never become a spy?"

At times I wanted to slap both of the characters. Which I guess that is good writing but they were so irritating:) And at the beg. of the book I wanted Shiloh to marry Khalid. But as I got further into the book, I went both ways. I liked him and Reece was very odd but likable at the same time. And the mystery surrounding her father was intense too. I liked the motorcycle also. I think Ronie has a thing for motorcycles as one of the main characters in Nightshade also rides a motorcycle:) By the end of the book, Reece was definitely my favorite.

The one thing I didn't care for was the mystery surrounding Khalid. It was never cleared up about him. I won't way what wasn't as I don't want to give anything away but I would have loved to find it out:) I know it sounds like I am speaking in circles but if you have read the book, you know what I mean. If you have not read the book, please pick it up. And her newest, Nightshade. Definitely an author to follow!!

Thanks to Ronie for sending me a review copy. I did not receive any monetary compensation.

1 comment:

Mystica said...

Thanks for this post. Will wait to see what you think of the other book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...