With school starting back up, our teens want to look as good as they can. Whether that means nice clothes, neat school gear, beautiful hair, or clear faces. This giveaway will definitely help with that last one.
"Back-to-school is just another season to showcase how Mom always comes to the rescue. Throughout the year moms juggle, drop off, pick up, pot luck, whatever is thrown their way- they’ve got it, they’re on it, it’s DONE and DONE. But a new survey reveals that there’s a pretty big issue that has some moms completely stumped- their children’s ACNE.
As bodies change and style is of utmost importance, appearance is a huge deal to teenagers. During this time, any capable mother can feel a little lost about how to handle all the changes their child is going through. A new study, conducted by Proactiv, reveals these shocking stats:
Did you know?
- 66% of moms would feel worse if their teen had acne for an entire semester than if their teen didn’t have a date to the prom
- 66% of moms think they know more about how their teen feels about school than their looks
- 65% of moms believe their teens know more about algebra than how to prevent or treat their acne
- 52% of moms who have acne-prone teens feel sad or helpless (49%) when their teens breakout
- 49% of moms believe they are better suited to help with their teen’s homework than assist them in dealing with their acne
- 46% of moms who experienced acne as a teen feel worse about their teens inheriting appearance problems than health issues
- 41% of moms would give up an hour of sleep every night for a year to ensure that their teen has eternally clear skin
Dr. Alyson Levine, a dermatologist from Chappaqua, NY, who specializes in treating teenage acne, believes that teens and their moms need some additional schooling when it comes to treating acne. As you’re planning your back-to-school features, Dr. Levine is available to discuss her acne tips for moms:
o Know what to look for
o Start treatment early
o Don’t minimize acne insecurities
o Treatment options
These stats were shocking to me. Sure, I know how it is to not feel confident as I have some problems with acne myself, but this was something I had never heard before! What mother wouldn't want their daughter to feel better about themselves?
Now, for the help of your teen, Proactiv has recently come out with a new product kit just for teens. I believe this will help your young person a lot. I have personally tried Proactiv in the past and am a firm believer in it. It works! I use it all the time now. And, one of my blog readers will be the winner of a Teen Acne Kit from Proactiv!! One of your teens will get the chance to try it out themselves!! This is a really great opportunity and I hope you all enter for this kit.
MANDATORY ENTRY-To enter this giveaway, go to Proactiv and tell me what 3 steps are in the system. This must be done or the extra entries will not count.
EXTRA ENTRIES-Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
1.Take the Acne Quiz on Proactiv and tell me how you did.
2.Follow Proactiv on Twitter.
3.Fan Proactiv on Facebook and comment that I sent you.
4.Be a follower of my blog through Google Friend Connect.
5.Subscribe to my blog via RSS Feed.
6.Follow me on Twitter.
7.Tweet about this giveaway, post about it on Facebook or blog about it. You can tweet once a day.