Friday, October 1, 2010

My Review of A Memory Between Us by Sarah Sundin

Can a nurse and a bomber pilot during WWII find love,
or will the war separate them forever?

A Memory Between Us is the second book in the Wings of Glory series, which follows the three Novak brothers, B-17 bomber pilots with the US Eighth Air Force stationed in England during World War II.
Major Jack Novak has never failed to meet a challenge--until he meets army nurse Lieutenant Ruth Doherty. When Jack lands in the army hospital after a plane crash, he makes winning Ruth's heart a top priority mission. But he has his work cut out for him. Not only is Ruth focused on her work in order to support her orphaned siblings back home, she carries a shameful secret that keeps her from giving her heart to any man. Can Jack break down her defenses? Or are they destined to go their separate ways?
A Memory Between Us
By Sarah Sundin
Wings of Glory series
ISBN: 978-0-8007-3422-0
Available September 2010; $14.99
Sarah Sundin is the author of A Distant Melody, the first book in the Wings of Glory series.
Her great-uncle flew with the US Eighth Air Force in England during WWII. Sarah lives in California with her husband and three children.

MY REVIEW-I had previously reviewed the first book in this series, A Distant Memory. I really enjoyed that book and was looking forward to reading this one. Sarah's style of writing is nice and the books are big and fun to read. I also liked that her characters are not all perfect and in the first book, she went out of her way to make sure they were not the perfect couple, handsome and dashing, pretty and flawless. They were normal people:)
This book I read in two days. I did not like two things in this book. Overall, I enjoyed it and her style of writing is wonderful. She takes time and draws you into the book. You actually like the characters! But I did not like the detail she put into Ruth's background. Not that what happened to Ruth was wrong, but I think the details could have been omitted. And then the incident with Burns could have had some details left out. I realize what the author is trying to bring to the readers but I don't think these descriptions had to be included. I really hate that they were because I loved the first book and I love Sarah's style of writing. I will be looking for the next book in the series as this has not stopped me from liking her and her novels. If you like Christian fiction with a war plot and neat character, this is the book for you.

Available September 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

I am currently reading this book and enjoying it very much. Looking forward to Book Three as well!
Blessings,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...