Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Best Advice My Mom Gave Me For Parenting.

Well friends, It is hard to believe that Mother's Day is coming up so fast. I am not sure about you, but time seems to have flown by. And sometimes life just catches up with you and you have to wonder where it all went. I am writing today about the best advice my mom ever gave me for parenting. So stick with me and maybe we can learn a little bit together:)

You have to understand before I get started, I am the oldest of 6 children. So my mom had her hands full. And yet she has been a real blessing in my life and in the advice she has given me. Reading all the books in the world and getting all the advice you can get will never take away the real day-to-day experience you get while being near your mother. It was the little things she taught throughout the day that meant the most to me. And it sure ran the gamut:D From how to do my hair, to helping me pick clothing to being there when the meal totally got ruined and she saved the day. Anything you can imagine has happened but she was always there to help.

I think the biggest piece of advice she ever showed me though was to be there for your family. No matter what happened or what you were going through, always be there. And sure it didn't happen right all the time. She wasn't perfect. But overall this has stuck with me through the years. You can be having the worst day of your life and so long as someone is there who cares and will help you through, you can manage anything.

So, I have decided to do something special for my Mom this Mother's Day. I am still planning and scheming but it will come out all right:) There is one thing I know though, I can always get any cards and stationary I want from a special company. Tiny Prints is a well known company that is often thought of for their baby announcements. But they have so much more to offer! I know life can go by so fast that sometimes you forget about getting that certain thank you card but this is definitely the place to look. Their Mother's Day Cards are so beautiful! Of course, as shown above, they go from touching and tender to zany and crazy, but this is the place to shop! And this year, go out of your way to say a great big, THANKS, to your mother. She does so much for you:D

1 comment:

Pamela J said...

One of my best instructional times with my mom was when she told me she chooses to say uplifing things about my siblings to me. Of course, there are always things that could be said in a negative mannor about any topic but to focus on the positive not only helps keep peace among family members but follows what God says about thinking on lovely things. Negative is NOT lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...