Monday, May 23, 2011

5 Summer Getaways Every Kid Should Experience

Well, time again for Social Moms! I have missed their opportunities these past couple weeks as it often gives me something new to write about. So I was excited to see this one come into my inbox:) They are teaming up with Alamo Insiders again and this time we were asked to write about 5 summer getaways that every child should experience. This is a pretty fun opportunity and I can't wait to tell you my five getaways I don't think any kid should miss:)

1.Virginia-Chincoteague Island.
I had the wonderful opportunity to visit this beautiful place many years ago. I had always loved horses and what child hasn't read Misty of Chincoteague? So we were able to visit and see the island where Misty used to live and the horses still roaming the area. This is in Virginia and there are lots of attractions nearby. I would recommend this for someone who loves to camp. You can actually camp out and the horses are out on the dunes. They will come right up to your vehicle but you have to be careful with this. Foe anyone who loves horses and camping, this is a great place that I don't think you should miss!

2.Canada-Prince Edward Island.
Alright, I probably should have put this place first. I am a huge fan of Anne of Green Gables, whether it is the books or the movies, they are great! So I was really overjoyed when I was little to go visit Prince Edward Island. This is one place no child should go without seeing! Even if you are not a big fan of the Anne books or movies, the area has a lot of neat places to visit. They have plays, horse rides, etc. You do have to be careful of the restrictions going into Canada but this should be on your visit to see!

3.Buffalo, NY-Niagara Falls
This one is for Niagara Falls. I love seeing natural places and to me, this is a must see! If you are not a lover of nature, this probably won't appeal to you. But if you are, this will be a place you can't miss. It is not expensive at all and they have lots to see. And it can easily be seen in a day.

4.Branson, MO
This place is more of a tourist area but we had a lot of fun when we took a trip there a couple years ago. It has many neat places and lots to do. And one of the best restaurants ever is in the area. If you have never eaten at Lambert's Cafe, you must! This is one of my favorite places to go. The price is somewhat high but you will have leftover's galore. And the throwed rolls:) Branson is a wonderful place to spend a couple days and it is a must see for any child.

5.Belfast, Ireland.
Now, I have never been to this area, but it is on my must see list. And for a child, it would be history and fun galore! Belfast Ireland is where they built the Titanic and is in Ireland. What more could you ask for? I am a lover of anything Irish or Scottish so this is already on my list. But add to that the Titanic was built there and I am hooked:) Love the idea and I think a summer vacation in this spot would be wonderful!

So, what about you? Do you have a spot you think should be on a must do list for a child on a summer getaway? Leave a comment below and let me know:) I love to hear from my readers.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...