Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Fun of Cosmetic Dentistry

Well, I am not one who normally goes around telling others about my embarrassing stories. I am just not that type of person:) But this is something that happened quite a while ago and I think it might give some of you all a good laugh or two. Just don't go around telling everyone about this alright?

Now, this is not per say a cosmetic dentistry story. But I thought it was a pretty good dental story. When I was younger I kept pretty good care of my teeth. I never had cavities, always got good reports from the dentist, etc. Now you get the idea? I thought I would never have problems with my teeth. Well, imagine my surprise when they found that I had extra teeth up front? I had never heard of this before and they told me it happens pretty regularly but that I would need surgery to take them out.
Link
I don't do real good with pain so I wasn't too excited about getting shots in the roof of my mouth. It was not a wonderful time. I had to have an oxygen mask as I almost passed out. By the time I was done, my mouth had swollen quite a bit, I couldn't drink except through a straw, and I felt pretty good:) So when the family went to WalMart, I decided to go along as well. Needless to say, I will never do it again. I about passed out in the middle of WalMart. Then I has the fun of riding in a wheelchair because I didn't feel so good.

I have never had dentistry work done like that again. I haven't needed it, but I know it was needed then. But I will never forget the pain, the swollen mouth, or the fun of riding around in a wheelchair:)

I am participating in a blogger campaign for Nashville Cosmetic Dentistry by Bucks2Blog and was
compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

8 comments:

Pierre Cardan said...

Well, I've always wanted to ride a wheelchair (just for some time :> ) just like you because I want to experience how it feels to be pushed by one of my loved ones so I can move on with my life, even if my legs gave up. Looks like your mouth and your teeth have gotten a lot better! I hope that continues to improve.

Nathan Bedingfield said...

That procedure would definitely benefit you in the long run, because having healthy teeth does lead one to have a healthy lifestyle as well. When you fully recover from it, please share us some photos so we can take a look at your precious smile!

grand rapids dds said...

Not everyone is blessed with perfect teeth. And a lot of factor causes our teeth to deteriorate as we come to age. As this happens, our confidence to smile slowly fades leaving us self conscious and insecure to show it off. We need cosmetic dentistry!

Grand Rapids Dental said...

I think what I suggest is that before you think about the benefit of cosmetic dentistry, it is important to point out that not everyone is a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry. Those who do not take proper care of their teeth and whose oral care is lacking may not be healthy enough to successfully accept certain procedures. In other words you have to have a certain amount of healthy tissue to work with. Dentists are not going to compromise the function or health of your mouth for a cosmetic procedure.

Dentist in Muskegon said...

I do agree that the field of cosmetic dentistry is quite an interesting one as it focuses on dental, mouth and smile practices. We need to understand how important our dental care is in improving our career and even love life. We encounter dental problems such as Gaps between teeth which can cause functional problem, it can be treated with dental implants and a denture. We also have the broken teeth. It can be repaired through cosmetic bonding and porcelain crowns.These are just some of the issues being solved by cosmetic dentistry.

Kalamazoo Dentists said...

It is said that although many men and women are afraid to visit their general dentist for their twice annual and much needed check-ups, screenings and required procedures in order to achieve and sustain dental health, they are flocking to the cosmetic procedures in order to have the most attractive smile they possibly can. It is very interesting.

Bonita Springs Dentists said...

I find cosmetic dentistry as one of the most exciting and interesting branch of dentistry. However, due to its popularity, many dentists who are not qualified to perform aesthetic procedures have a tendency to use the phrase cosmetic dentist. This is only to promote and draw more patients to their practice. So before any of us settle in with a dentist to get a smile makeover done, it is better to do some research about their expertise and qualifications.

Grand Rapids Orthodontist said...

Cosmetic dentistry treatments are indeed ideal for addressing teeth stains or discolorations, which can have an adverse effect on the overall appearance of a person's smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...