Friday, July 27, 2012

The Crimson Thread of the Bible by Joshua McClure

The Crimson Thread of the Bible by Joshua McClure is an excellent book. This is one I recently received for review from Deep River Books and I have to say, I am loving it! Haven't read anything like it before.

Finally you can unlock the mystery of the Bible!

The Bible is meant to be understood as a whole and not in parts. It can be frustrating to pursue answers for life unless you understand how the entire Word of God and life are strongly bound together by an intricate thread.

Written by award-winning author Joshua A. McClure, this book reveals the story of God's faithfulness and determination to carry out His plan to redeem His fallen people. It brings to light the constant, redemptive thread throughout the Bible that tells how God's Divine plan is fashioned in eternity and how the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ were always central to His plan.

With straight talk on kingdom living, this groundbreaking book speaks to those who long for the God who invites us to reach for Him.

MY REVIEW-This is a very thought provoking book. For anyone who has ever wondered if they are reading the Bible right, or getting from it what they should, this is the book to pick up. The author starts from the beginning and puts down a foundation to take off of. Great way to start! This author also understands dispensationalism, which is something that a lot of people do but I have read books by authors that don't and it can get confusing.

One thing that stuck with me is how people read the Bible with preconceived ideas of what it says or what they think it says. Joshua urges readers to pick up the Bible with an open mind, or as he puts it, with child-like faith. If only we would do this more often. I have been slowl reading this with my Bible in the morning and let me tell you, I have been getting more out of my Bible. It really helps to understand what the Bible is written for and how much His love is there for us.

So, if you want to get more out of your Bible reading, I would urge you to pick up this book. Not that you have to, but it has done wonders for me in my reading. Excellent book!!

I received a copy of this book for my review purposes from Deep River Books. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All thoughts are 100% mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...