Monday, November 5, 2012

Don’t Let Your Books Collect Dust on the Shelf & Be Frugal and Buy Books on a Budget


Don’t Let Your Books Collect Dust on the Shelf & Be Frugal and Buy Books on a Budget

I love to read and I admit that I haven’t made enough time or allowed myself for that matter to sit down and read a good book lately due to my busy schedule. However, this doesn’t stop me from buying more books to read! You see, I happen to be a book collector of sorts. I love to purchase books but I never make enough time to read them. I have several books collecting dust on the shelves and I need to read them before purchasing more!

Purchasing more books leads me to a new topic – saving while buying books. If you haven’t noticed, many major book stores like Borders have gone out of business and the reasoning behind this is because you can purchase books for a fraction of the price! So if you’re in the habit of buying brand new books like me and then carelessly allowing them to collect dust, it’s time to break your habit and buy books on a budget. While you’re at it, search for coupons from sites like Amazon.com on JoeShopping.com and be smart about your book purchases, starting now. Here’s how to do just that.

Go to Used Bookstores – Used bookstores are known for having excellent books that only cost a few dollars or more depending on the novel. Find a used book store in your area and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the books you’ll find that you’ve been meaning to read. Plus, most used bookstores only sell books that are in fairly good condition so don’t worry about purchasing books that are falling apart.

Check Sites Like Amazon.com – Always remember to compare prices when you decide you can’t live without a new book, and a site like Amazon.com is a great site to do this. You can compare the Amazon price to the seller’s price and find out which is more affordable. Don’t forget to include shipping because many of the sellers don’t mention shipping until you check out. So, if you have a free shipping account with Amazon it’s worth it to save the extra dollars on a favorite new read.

Don’t Forget about eBay and Thrift Stores – Auction sites and thrift stores are infamous for having treasures tucked away on their sites and in their stores. Even the dollar store might have a fairly new hardback novel for only a dollar! Again, compare your prices and if you see a book that’s on sale for half of the price that you know it normally would cost, it’s a good idea to snatch it up while you can.

Of course if you’re me it’s always a good idea to read the perfectly good books that you already own, but in case you were wondering about all of the great book deals that are available to you, hopefully some of these tips were helpful. I know I have a lot of reading to do and when I’m done checking out all of my favorite novels, going to a used bookstore and hopping on eBay’s website for a favorite new read is next on my list!

Sierra is a freelance writer who loves to read and she’s determined to no longer let her books collect dust on the shelf. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog!
We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in
the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on.
You have done a wonderful job!
Also see my site :: piano lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...