Monday, November 26, 2012

HGG Love's Christmas Journey Inspirational Film



HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE

One thing that makes a nice gift is a really good film. You definitely can't go wrong with a sweet movie or just the right flick for that special person. I personally like Christian films but I do like the sweet film as well. And this next item in the gift guide is both of these qualities! Christian and sweet:)

This series is based on the books written by Janette Oke. Many of you I am sure remember reading her books and I think they were one of the first Christian fiction books I ever read. Reading about Clark and Marty and their family as they grow up, get married and have children of their own is something that you get immersed in. They become familiar characters. The films deviate a little from the books but I like to watch them without tying them into the books.

Love's Christmas Journey is all about widow Ellie King, her brother Aaron Davis and many other side characters. Of course, we can't forget the handsome deputy Strode. The main plot is about a crooked banker trying to force people out of their homes because a train is coming through town. He will obviously become very wealthy because of this situation. Many of the people give in or get roughed up because they don't sell to him. There also happens to be a side plot of two young people in love but they can't court openly because her father thinks the young man is not worthy. It is amazing how people will push the sins of the father against the children. Not everyone grows up like their parents.

Overall this is a sweet film with some romance, adventure, excitement and a dash of the holiday spirit. Of course, the ending was totally unexpected and left me hanging. I don't believe this happened!! But it will have me purchasing the next one when it comes out. Perfect for a family film or that special lady in your life who enjoys the good inspirational flick. You can watch the Love's Christmas Journey trailer using this link. And I would urge you to pick it up at your local store.

According to FTC Disclosures, I received a copy of this film for my review purposes. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All thoughts are 100% mine.

1 comment:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I'm hoping to see this movie this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...