Monday, May 19, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge Walk A Mile A Day!

Good morning everyone!! Today is starting off my weight loss challenge on here. I have been participating in a challenge for quite a while now but I want to get it out there. It always helps to have people aware of what I am doing so I am accountable plus there might be others who want to jump in with me. I am just going to post these once or twice a week and you can jump in on something you would to and do as much as you can. There is no form or anything to fill out, just leave a comment letting me know you are going to try it out and then comment at the end of the week on my last post.

This week my goal is to walk at least a mile every day except Sunday. I normally walk 2 miles 4-5 days a week but for this I want to make sure I do a mile each day. I am going to shoot for more so I may do 2 miles several days. And at times, this may be an exercise DVD such as Leslie Sansone or it could be my treadmill or a walk outside. Just so long as it is a mile. You are welcome to do whatever you can get done. But please, leave a comment and let me know!! I would love to hear from you as you walk with me! Do you like walking at night, early morning, or just when you get a chance? I prefer mine at night when it is a bit cooler. And I love listening to some good music as I walk too.

Stay tuned for more exercise, weight loss and health posts. I will be running several giveaways and doing reviews of products that will help in losing weight over the summer. One of these will be going up later today!



**DISCLOSURE: Please read my full disclosure policy HERE.**

5 comments:

Karen Greenberg said...

I will definitely join you in walking a mile a day! I prefer to walk in the mornings, but that just isn't in the cards, as I leave for work too early. But, this will be a good way to kick myself into gear and get into the habit of putting my walking shoes on right after work and getting moving. I've been saying I was going to do this forever.

Ann Summerville said...

I received a FitBit for Mother's day and it's helped to keep track of the steps. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps a day. Another way I managed to rack up more steps was to map out a route (I did from Fort Worth to Charleston) and kept track of how long it would take me to walk there by highlighting the number of miles I'd walked on a map.
Ann

Giveaway Lady said...

Great Karen! I know we can do this and I am excited you want to join in.

Ann, I have heard of the fitbit but never used one. That is a great way to map your efforts though. Just might have to try it.

Unknown said...

Hey Charity,

read about your blog on PBS Weight-Loss Challenge and decided to join you.

I like to walk in the morning around 5:30 am I listen to Daily Devotional's by Rick Warren. I get a bit of Physical Activity and a Healthy start to the day as well as food for the Soul 7 Spirit. I find that it's a great way to start my day.

Giveaway Lady said...

Yay Becca!! Glad you could join us in our daily walks. It sounds like you have a great plan for starting your day. I enjoy listening to my christian music when I walk. Stop back in at the end of the week to let us know how you did:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...