Based on the proven Montessori learning method, Kids Academy develops spelling, writing and reading skills through fascinating games!
This app is created to make fun more educational! The app goes beyond simply great graphics and beautiful music by engaging children to learn preschool basics through intriguing game play. Toddlers will start with easy tracing by collecting fireflies in a jar and will move gradually to tracing requiring more developed fine-motor skills.
The basic skills in this app are foundations for reading, writing and arithmetic operations. Appropriate hints are provided to support your children as they practice and build their skills.
* Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
* Delightful animations will help your children learn letters and words in a fun and engaging way
* Frequent repetition designed to help children learn numbers and their sequence
* Aligned to Kindergarten Reading Foundation skills of Common Core Standards
* Animated flashcards to teach your kids letters and words
* A rich, exploratory environment filled with surprises
* Funny, bright, creative artwork
* Your children can interact with the app at their own pace
MY REVIEW-To start off, I will only be reviewing the free section of the Kid's Academy App. But what I have seen so far makes me eager to try the rest. This is an app that works great for young children learning to read, do their numbers, etc. The favorite section hands down was the part where you learn the alphabet. This area brings up the letter and then gives several instances of words that start with that letter. So if the letter is B, there is a bee, a bridge, and so on. You can click around the screen and a person will sound it out. Another section allows the child to trace the letter with stars and lines, then without the lines. One thing I noticed was this only allows the child to follow exactly what is given. So on the A, if they want to do the stick in the middle first, they can't do that. It must be done as it is shown. Great for some children while others may not care for it. There is also a section for learning/tracing numbers. As they learn these, there is a jar that is filled with fireflies. So it makes it fun, not just boring work of tracing numbers. Overall this would be great for young ones learning to read and write. Makes things fun and interesting.
**DISCLOSURE: I was given a free product in exchange for an honest review. No other compensation was given, and all thoughts are 100% mine. Please read my full disclosure policy HERE.**