Monday, May 24, 2010

My Review of Morning For Dove by Martha Rogers


Race. Culture. They can unite. They often divide.

When Luke Anderson falls for Dove Morris, he doesn't anticipate the prejudice he'll face from his own family. Dove's skin, such a beautiful reflection of her Native American heritage, serves as a point of contention between Luke and his parents. Will a literal trial by fire confirm Luke's love, or burn it away?



About Martha Rogers
Sophomore Novelist, Long-time Believer
Martha Rogers
Martha Rogers placed her faith in Jesus Christ 65 years ago. He has seen her through her step-father's sexually abusive behavior toward her sister and brother, her own breast cancer, two mastectomies, two miscarriages, her husband's heart attack, her grandson's cystic fibrosis, and the deaths of her parents. She holds a Master's degree in education and enjoyed a 36-year teaching career. To say she's an inspiration to those of us trying to walk a faithful path is a gross understatement.






My thoughts-This is a first time author for me. I have never read any of her books and so I plunged right into the second book:) I did not read the first book in this series.

The first thing I noticed was the description in it. Martha had obviously done her research of the Oklahoma area and the history that went on in that period. I love when an author has done her digging!!

I was able to get right into the book without having read the first one. Which to me is a good thing. I enjoy reading series but if I can jump into a book in the middle without feeling confused that is the best thing.

If you enjoy historical fiction books, this is one you will want to pick up. I am going to be watching for Martha's next book in the series:)

I was provided a copy of this book for review. I was given no monetary compensation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...