Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Review of On Guard by William Craig.

I recently read a book that I really enjoyed. Not only was it a pleasure to read but it was also very helpful. On Guard by William Craig. It was a wonderful book!!

I do quite a bit of witnessing and this book was a wonderful manual that brought forth many arguments I hear in my witnessing.I was even able to use some of his points recently when someone asked me if I could prove that God existed. Sure, I can normally prove to someone but I was able to use some different arguments than I normally would. This to me was great!!


"This concise training manual by renowned scholar William Lane Craig is filled with illustrations, sidebars, and memorizable steps to help you stand your ground and defend your faith with reason and precision. In his engaging style, Craig offers four arguments for God's existence, defends the historicity of Jesus' personal claims and resurrection, addresses the problem of suffering, and shows why religious relativism doesn't work. Along the way, he shares his own story of following God's call.

This one-stop, how-to-defend-your-faith manual will equip you to advance faith conversations deliberately, applying straightforward, cool-headed arguments. You will discover not just what you believe, but why you believe—and how being on guard with the truth has the power to change lives forever"

If you are someone who witnesses a lot, I would suggest getting this book. The information is very easy to understand, I am not a scholar by any means:) and I was really drawn into the book. He makes sure to explain pretty much everything. And the way he sets up the books is nice. Down the side are questions along with tips. Overall, I loved this book!! A great witnessing tool. You never know when a co-worker, a friend or someone you meet will bring up one of the questions he deals with in here. Not that I am saying you will never be stumped again, but we are told to be ready with answers for people who ask:)

Thank you Audra for sending me a review copy of this book. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this book.

2 comments:

allthingsnew said...

This sounds like an interesting book...I will have to check it out! I didn't think it was going to be about witnessing from the title :)

I wanted to let you know that I put your Green Mountain Coffee giveaway on the Low Entry Lowdown on my blog. You are also welcome to link up on This for That if you want to enter it there! I love coffee :)

Happy Wednesday!

Blessings,
Stephanie
Ten Talents...

Julia M. Reffner said...

Wow, this sounds like a great book for my husband and I to read together, particularly as we have had a Jehovah's Witness couple that we have been trying to witness to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...