Monday, September 27, 2010

My Review of Be Not Afraid by Deborah Lynne.

Howdy all, I was trying to get this up on Saturday but just got too busy. Seems that is happening a lot recently:) But you know how it gets.
Anyways, Deborah Lynne sent me a copy of her new book, Be Not Afraid. It is a mystery book.
I have to admit I was impressed. I thought this book was a first novel as I had never heard of Deborah before. But then in researching her, I found out that she had previously written at least one other book. I did have two problems but I will tell you about those a little further down.
This did have a lot of mystery and suspense in it. Almost too much:) Just kidding but there was a lot of mystery throughout this novel. I never would have known who dunnit!! The two problems I had with this novel is, one, that twice two of the characters think that something about the suspect looks familiar. But it never clears up if they knew the suspect. It almost makes it sound like the husband who had died, was not really dead. But that doesn't seem to be what happened but that was something put in to sidetrack the reader. Definitely did it with me:) I thought for sure the suspect was the husband. The other thing I didn't like was the detail put in about why the suspect might have done what he did.
Overall this was a good book. Other than the two problems, I enjoyed the book. Good plot and nice mystery!

I received a book from Deborah for review. I did not receive any monetary compensation in exchange for my thoughts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...