Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Brings Joy and Comfort to Me.

Hi everyone, I am going to be breaking my Holiday Event again tonight but I just heard about this neat opportunity to work with Twitter Moms again and they always are great fun to do:)
This time, I will be sharing what brings joy and comfort in my life. They have joined up with Kleenex this time and I love writing about this subject. Did you know Kleenex even has a site where you can send a Kleenex to someone special?
You know how sometimes you just need that pick me up. Or you feel down and that certain someone comes along to help you? Well, this is what helps me and how I can help others.

1.When I can help a friend.
This is one of my favorite things to do which makes me feel good and brings comfort. Often when we reach out to others, even when we are hurting or not feeling great, it helps our outlook. Maybe it is just being there to talk to or watching the kids so they can nap, whatever it is to help a friend or relative, will often help me.

2.Christian fellowship.
I often get joy when I fellowship with my Christian friends. This is a time of great joy for me. When we get together and just chat or have a meal together:) You can never fellowship without food. There is nothing like it!

3.Relaxation Time.
One of my favorite things to do for comfort is relax with a good book, a warm blanket and a cup of coffee or hot cocoa. Of course, during the spring time it is best to have a fan and a cup of iced tea but this time of year a blanket is better:) But this is seriously a favorite way of mine to have comfort. Have some soft music playing in the background and relax. So very nice. And if the children are getting loud or in the way, maybe work out a deal with a friend where you can do the same for her if you both watch each others children. It works out great to have someone to do this with. It helps her relax too!

4.Work in the House.
Sometimes I can only get comfort by cleaning. I know it sounds odd but this is a way that I get joy as well because when I am done and the house looks so nice, it is wonderful! I can get so much done and still be happy and find joy in doing it.

5.Now this last one is about my family who has always been there. They are forever bringing me comfort and joy in my life. Even when I don't feel so great or I know I don't look my best, they are always there for me. Friends will be there as well but not always when I need them.

Now, leave a comment telling me what brings you joy and comfort in life. I am dying to hear what helps you. This is a very important subject and is always great to talk about.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kleenex blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...