Friday, December 3, 2010

While Everyone Else is at Black Friday Sales

Written by Otis Norton

Our family a very unique tradition the day after Thanksgiving. While everyone else is at the Black Friday sales, pushing and shoving, and attempting to grab the things that they feel that they cannot do without, we go and buy our trees. Of course there is more to it than that.

We actually drive 2 1/2 hours into the mountains of North Carolina to buy our Christmas trees. My father started this tradition when we were little, and now we have up to four generations with us on this momentous day. There is my father, my brother with his wife and children, my husband and I with our two sons, and for the last four years, my grandson. We spend Thursday night at my father's house. On Friday morning we get up early, set the security alarm
we ordered from www.totalalarmsystems.com/adt-home-alarm-customer-service.html and leave to go on our adventure. After stopping for breakfast at our favorite restaurant, we then drive as a convoy, up into the mountains. My father prefers the Spruce Pines. He has his favorite lot, and his tree must be a perfect seven feet tall. He likes a tall slender tree. The rest of us prefer a Frasier Fir. We proceed to another lot where we then search for the perfect tree. I like my trees round and full and just over six feet in height and of course my brother always has to be bigger than mine. We load all of the trees up and drive back home. It makes for a wonderful tradition.

1 comment:

Mystica said...

It must be a lovely relaxing thing to do after hectic Thanksgiving. Nice tradition

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...