Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Coca-Cola Memory.

Hey friends,
well, today is the day that Social Moms sends out their writing opportunities and this time around, we get to team up with Coca-Cola!! What better family product to write about:) I have to tell you, writing about Coca-Cola is not really hard in our family. We have several members who love this drink product and even maybe are addicted to it. I am not real surprised that we even use it in our cooking. Did you know you can use Cola in your recipes? I didn't know that until just recently and was able to try out a chicken recipe that had, guess what, in it? That's right:) Coca-Cola! You don't often think of chicken with soda but this tasted really good and it was a great main dish. I will tell you more in just a minute and I am sure you will want to try this out. You will really love it, I am sure.

My father is probably the most one in love with this product. And I never remember a picnic or event we had without having his favorite drink there. What would a picnic be without it? I can't even imagine:) It was a staple throughout our early life and even now it is in our home. I can still remember one time going over to a friend's house, yes we were close, and they didn't have Coca-Cola for us to drink but another brand. Can you guess what happened? Yep, guess who ran out to get a bottle? My father! He has definitely got a love for this drink:D

Now, back to the recipes. Have you ever tried Coca-Cola Chicken? It has a very nice flavor and the first time I tasted it I didn't even know what was in it. After I found out what made the nice flavor I knew it would be on our menu at home. And I have since gone looking for more recipes. One I found on the Coca-Cola website I would like to try is the Coca-Cola Wings. We love wings in our household and this recipe sounds very interesting.

And of course for desert we are big fans of float made with Coca-Cola. A lovely refreshing drink on a hot summer day! Doesn't get any better than that. And I have to admit, everyone in the family loves this cool treat:) I have heard that there is a real good Chocolate Cake recipe with cola in it but I have yet to try it. Sounds delicious but I never seem to think about it before we go shopping.

So, tell me, do you have a favorite Coca-Cola memory? Or do you have a family recipe that uses Coca-Cola? If so, please leave a comment below. I say it every single time but I LOVE to hear from you. You are a lot of the reason I write:D

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...