Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tips for Making Life Easier & More Efficient While on the Go.

Wow! I am really pleased this week:) Social Moms has come out with another writing post for us and today they have teamed up with Seattle's Best Coffee. Now, I love coffee! But sometimes it is harder to brew it and take it with you. You know how it is with time and so many things to do. Well, you don't have to worry about it anymore. Seattle's Best has come out with new grab and go cans that make it so much easier to have a latte on the go! I would love to have these for when we travel. Stick them in the cooler and forget about having to stop at a restaurant to get a cup of coffee:) These look so good!

Anyways, I did get a little bit off track there for a minute:) But not for long. I wanted to share a couple ways I make life easier and more efficient while on the go. We travel some for vacation and all so I have learned some handy tips that I use when we get ready to hit the road. These tips are also handy for those times you are running from one place to another and barely have time to stop. How do you manage your meal-planning, cleaning and daily life during this? I have a couple tips to help:D

1.Fix Extra Meals.
I love to cook. And in doing so I have learned to make extra of whatever I am cooking so that I can use it for later. Say I am making cheeseburgers one evening? I also cook up extra meat to use at a later time. I can use it in spaghetti, meatballs, etc. I try to do this consistently so that I can save time on another night.

2.Have A List.
I keep my list on the fridge so it is in an easy place to remember. Then when I run out of something I can just add it to the list and get it at the grocery store. I don't have to worry about trying to being halfway through making cheesy spaghetti and then find out I don't have pasta. This makes it so much easier. We had friends who were always forgetting something at the store and she had to run out and get it as she was making the meal. A lot easier to just write it down on your list:) Just make sure it is easy to find and access. Otherwise you won't want to go searching for it and then you forget what you had to add.

3.Assign Tasks.
I know many children do not want to help. And sometimes you just have to assign a task and have them go at it. But other times a child is really good at something or they enjoy doing it. Assign them this task and then you have one less thing to do. If your child likes to set the table, get the bathroom bag ready, take care of the pets, etc. Let them help you.

4.Get With Friends.
Sometimes we help our friends out and they help us out. If you are running to the store for something, check with your neighbor and see if they need a something as well. They will be more likely to ask you on their next run. Maybe someone needs a babysitter? Help them out and they might help watch your pets while you are away on vacation. Whatever it is, get together with your friends and neighbors.

5.Get A Calender.
I often use the app on my phone for a calender. But many people still have calenders they hang on their fridge, etc. This is a great way to make sure you don't miss appointments, events or birthdays.

6.Use a Schedule.
I know sometimes life gets in the way. But many times we just don't pay attention and take things slowly. Write out a schedule and mark what you want at certain hours. It doesn't have to be real strict, but even a little bit of a daily schedule helps.

7.Snacks and Drinks.
Whether you are going to a game or an event, taking a trip or just going to get groceries, make sure you have your snacks and drinks packed and ready to go before-hand. To me it always helps to set things out the night before, especially if I know I am going to be busy in the morning. Always helps to do this so I don't forget anything. You know how it is the morning you are supposed to leave on a trip? Making sure everything is packed for you PLUS the rest of the family:) Pack your snacks and drinks and this really takes a burden off. We almost always take a cooler as it also cuts down on money as well.

8.Bins and Containers.
I normally use this for in the house and on the porch, but this also helps when you are in the vehicle. Have a plastic bin with a lid for the sports items, car cleaning supplies, etc and have a spot for them in the vehicle. We have one that we can put in the garage when we don't need it and then put it in the vehicle when we do. Helps to keep everything organized and in place.

9.Slow Down.
Sometimes we rush around at such a frantic pace that we hurt ourselves. Slow down, take a deep breath and re-organize. A little breather, even for 15 minutes, helps to clear your mind and strengthen your body. We don't have to act like our house is on fire to get everything done in a day.

10.Me Time.
Kind of goes with the above # but not quite. I like to keep this one for last but it really helps the body. Take some time for yourself and relax. You will come away feeling refreshed. Whether it is going out in the yard and gardening, reading a book, or spending some time in the spa, you need this time.

So, those are some tips I have at the moment. I know all my readers have more in their minds so please leave a comment and let me know:) I love hearing from my readers!


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Melody Granger said...

I love that you mentioned using a daily schedule that doesn't have to be strict. I practically preach that myself!

Also, bins & containers in the vehicle are awesome.

Enjoyed all your tips! & it's been so fun to see everyone's ideas that entered this contest. Good luck on winning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...