Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Family Time Playing Outdoors.

Howdy all! It has been a week or so since I have gotten a writing opportunity through Social Moms. So I was wondering what the next one would be. And I have to tell you, I am behind this one, one hundred percent! The Worldwide Day of Play is a program focusing on shutting off the TV for that day and getting outside with your children. You can sign up for the Clorox Play2Day and pledge to spend timeout of doors playing! I am totally for this one:)

One of my resolutions earlier this year, hard to believe that the year is half gone already, was to get outside more and spend quality time out of doors. I would like to think I have done pretty good at this. We have set up several things recently that have become really fun to do and it helps get the family moving outside. Volleyball is one of our favorites and it is a wonderful way to incorporate healthy exercise into our daily life. With all the jumping and running we do, I sure hope we are burning calories when we spend an hour out there on the field;)

One of my favorite things though is spending time gardening and planting the flowers. Not everyone likes to get in on this but the little girls love it. I have several rose bushes and the girls have a small garden that they take care of. The ten year old is so excited that she has been able to get vegetables and we have been using them in our food. I am really happy about the time being spent outside and the responsibilities that come with this job. She has done an excellent job, being faithful at watering and pruning, and she gets the reward of her vegetables.

Another exercise we have done recently is playing basketball up at the local park. It is not big by any means:) But it gives some time of fun and we enjoy going up to the outside court to play. One of our favorite games to play is Horse and regular ball. It just can't get too rough:) HORSE is a favorite of the little girls and the 14 year old has gotten really good at it.

So what about you? Do you have a favorite outside game to play with your family? Do you like to spend time outdoors? Or are you an inside person? I would really urge those of you who are reading this to sign up for the Clorox2 Play 2Day Pledge. It is a great way to get your children outside and away from the television.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox2® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...