Friday, November 11, 2011

Scents Fresh from Nature and Where they Take Me.

Wow! It has been quite a while since we have had a writing opportunity from Social Moms. If you haven't heard of them or signed up with this awesome group, I suggest you follow the link at the bottom of the post to sign up. They have really great writing opps! Today they have joined up with Seventh Generation and the subject is something I was really interested in. What scents take you to a certain time or place? Mine are below.

My absolute favorite scent from nature is flowers. I personally love honeysuckle and this is probably the best one I know. Whenever I smell honeysuckle I am transported outside to a field. It is springtime and the flowers are in full bloom. I love this scent and whether I smell it during the winter time or summer, I still feel the same way.

My second favorite scent is fruity. I like apple, cinnamon and citrus. The first two always bring me to a time of outside picnics, family events and parties. The citrus doesn't really make me think of that per say but more of a fresh clean laundry time:) I know that sounds odd, but that is definitely one of my favorite scents.

One scent I do not care for is lavender. I know this is different as I know a lot of women who like that particular smell, but I have never cared for it. The funny thing is I think that it is all from a bath soap I got once several years ago and it smelled pretty bad. Since that time I do not like lavender.

Around this time of year, one of my favorite scents is evergreen and pine. I always like to have candles with these scents and room scents, etc. For some reason this always makes me think of a holiday cheer. The fireplace going and the snow smell in the air. The family all around the living room and the holiday baking that takes place in the kitchen. None of this may be going on at the time, but that is what I think of when I smell pine or evergreen. Definitely one of my favorite scents this time of year.

So what about you? Do you have a scent that transports you to a place? Maybe the perfume you wore when you met your husband? I love this subject!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seventh Generation blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...