Friday, December 23, 2011

The Contentment Reading Challenge

Hi all! For all the avid book readers out there, this is a challenge you might want to join in on. I have never joined one of these but this one has my interest. As a book reviewer I often read so many new books I forget about the good oldies. Or I just plain don't have the time to pick them up again. So this challenge is hosted by Legacy of a Writer and it is all about getting into those old ones we have read, and re-reading them. Some of the instructions are below but you can go to her page to get all the of them. Check it out and have fun! The blog button is in my right sidebar so you can get to that page easily.



I WILL BE WADING IN THIS CHALLENGE:)

TAKEN FROM LEGACY OF A WRITER-
GUIDELINES:

- Anyone can join.

- How to join? If you have a blog, post about your decision to join in the Contentment Reading Challenge for 2012 and then leave a comment below saying you want to join. Oh, and be sure to include the link to your post in the comment!

- If you have a blog, grab the Contentment Reading Challenge button and put it in your sidebar.

- This IS a challenge, so there has to be some goals/levels to set. There's no pressure--just choose whatever level you think would be good for you to try and accomplish in this coming year.

* Floating: Skimming the surface, you re-read 5 books you already own.
* Wading: Getting your feet wet, you re-read 10 books you already own.
* Swimming: Immersing yourself again, you re-read 15 books you already own.
* Diving: Going deep into the stories you love, you re-read 20 or more books that you already own.

- This challenge officially starts on January 1st, 2012 and officially ends on December 21st, 2012. I will be posting on and off throughout the year about the challenge (hopefully, every month), and I would love to hear how you are doing on reaching your goal in the challenge. So be looking! I still am not sure what all I will do, but I'm sure there will be some fun activities along the way (like bookswaps, for sure! ;-) and maybe even a celebration at the end of the year, so I hope you can join me!

- A verse for us to remember during the challenge... "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

And last, but not least...
- I will be keeping this page updated frequently with the posts I do throughout the year. So be sure to check back here to see if you might've missed any posts updating my progress or hosting a fun activity.

2 comments:

mamabunny13 said...

Good luck on your challenge! It will be interesting to see which books were worthy of a re-read !
Happy Holidays!

Katie Marie said...

So glad you're joining us in this challenge! :-D

Yeah, that's one reason I like this challenge so much--it pushed me to reach for the books I once read and totally enjoyed! Cuz, hey, a really good book deserves to be read more than once, right?? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...