Thursday, December 29, 2011

Grad School

Contribution by Terrance Kirby

I recently started my doctoral degree online. I am in education, and working online was the only way I could complete the degree while still keeping my full time job. I have friends who have also earned their degrees online, and graduate degrees in education are often catered to fit the schedule of full-time teachers. I have enjoyed the program, and while it is labor-intensive, I am learning a lot. What is so amazing to me is the amount of research that can be found online. There are thousands and thousands of full-text books and articles that deal with education. The school that I am attending has a database of literally millions of educational texts, articles, and summaries. My internet service provider is clear internet, and I simply log onto my online classroom a couple of times a week to submit assignments. The rest of the time I am researching and working on papers. I have been amazed at the amount of resources available through this university, and I am really glad that I picked this school to conduct my graduate work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...