Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vacation Traveling!

Hey everyone! Been a long week and we have friends visiting so I feel like I am not getting anything done here on my blog. Just one of those things. But I wanted to talk to you all a little about traveling. Have you ever gone on a fun trip? Maybe sight-seeing? I love taking trips like this, so long as they are once in a while, not all the time:) I prefer doing a big one once every couple months or so. Rather than taking trips constantly. But sometimes it feels like we do that a lot.

Anyways, I have a couple favorite places to visit and I figured I would share some of them with you. One of my absolute all time favorite cities to visit is Chicago, Illinois. Talk about a great city! It is only a couple hours away so I kind of consider it local. There is so much to do and so many places to see while you are there! From the parks to the musuems, the restaurants and the night life, you can't escape the fun of this city. And if you have kids, it is all the better! Whether you go in the summer time or during the fun of winter snow, there are plenty of things to do. We even went ice skating a couple times!

The other place I really like to go is Louisville, Kentucky. We visit at least once a year and this is a place that really gets to you. I enjoy the history and all the historic downtown district is fun to wander. Now, don't get me wrong. There is a lot more to this city than what happened in the past. We also love the antique malls, the thrift stores and don't forget the book stores! There are museums to visit along with some other great places. The horses are one of those things you kind of can't miss in Louisville:)

Now, one thing you have to have though is money. And whether that is through the US Money Reserve, savings, etc, you will have to make sure the funds are flowing when you visit these places. Just so much to see and do!

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

I haven't been to either, but maybe one day.
Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...