Friday, August 10, 2012

Chevy's Fresh Mex Restaurant Review!!

Hola friends!! Today I have a review for a really great restaurant. Chevy's Fresh Mex!! I am telling you, this is now my favorite mexican restaurant! I totally fell in love with it:) You have to understand, I like mexican food. Whether it is burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, whatever! So long as it is mexican and has a bit of spice to it, I enjoy it. So I jumped at the chance to be able to try out Chevy's Fresh Mex restaurant. Check out my thoughts below and don't miss the pictures. Of course, if you are hungry you might want to wait until you have eaten before looking;)

When we arrived I was greeted by the manager and then seated. The other manager also checked in several times to make sure our meal was going fine and that we had everything we needed. But I have to tell you, our waitress Katie did an excellent job with out meal. This was my first time ever being in a Chevy's and she knew exactly what to offer, what was the best meal, her favorite and this was all done in a manner that I didn't feel weighed upon. I am sure you know what I mean. I have been to several places as media and the employees tend to hover too much or be too polite. This was not the case with Chevy's. Yes I felt special but not too much more than I saw them treating their other customers.

We got started with a drink and an appetizer. Oh, but first the chips and salsa were brought over. The whole concept of Chevy's is fresh food. I knew this beforehand. But I am telling you, there is nothing like it! I can't even describe the fresh flavor, the burst of avacado and cilantro in the guacamole, etc. The salsa was a different color than normal red salsa but I really liked it. One child, who shall remain nameless, didn't want to eat it because of the difference in color:) But I had no problem diving in. We all drank regular soda and tea but we were offered the new watermelon lemonade. I have heard of raspberry lemonade but never watermelon. I guess they do it by season.

Now get this, the whole fresh thing? That means they make their food all right there! Including the tortillas! Not too far from our table was a woman making fresh tortillas and the waitress came out and made the guacamole beside my chair! This was really neat to me. I enjoy a good guacamole and this one was absolutely the best I have ever tasted. The cilantro was a big plus for me. You normally don't taste it in other guacamole and it was a bonus flavor.


I ordered the Sizzlin' Steak Fajitas and the others ordered as well. The kids got the Cheese Quesadillas and one got french fries and applesauce while the other got refried beans to go with it. And my sister tried the Rosemary Lemon Chicken Tacos. Not flavors you would expect to go well together but from what she said, they were great:) My fajitas came out sizzling. The grease was popping off the platter and hitting me it was so hot. Along with them came refried beans, rice, toppings for the fajitas, and what is called a Sweet Corn Tamalito. Now this little pile of corn meal tastes like cornbread. But it is delicious! You only get a little bit with your meal but I really, really liked it!

The kids liked their quesadillas and I was happy about that. Sometimes the quesadillas are somewhat tasteless because they only have cheese in them. Not the case with these. The refried beans were the only things they had a slight problem with. The beans are done with bacon. I personally liked the added flavor but the child who got the beans didn't really care for it. Needless to say, I ate her beans that night:) The Lemon Rosemary Chicken Tacos looked really good and everybody loved the little cactus stuck in the taco.

By the time I got my meal, I was only able to eat one fajita. Good thing I was able to take it home:D But then they offered desert. The kids meals come with an ice cream or a jello, so they both chose and ice cream. But when we looked a tthe desert menu, one thing jumped out at us. My sister and I chose to share the Ooey-Gooey-Chewy Sundae. YUMMY!! This was delicious and I absolutely loved it:) We ended up finishing off the whole thing and I couldn't believe we actually got it all down. Perfect ending to a perfect meal.

We were finishing up our ice cream when the manager came over with several sombreros in his hand. We all ended up wearing one for our first time visit to Chevy's. You can see from the picture below that one little girl enjoyed wearing hers:)

So, from what I experienced on this first visit, I will definitely be going back. The food was excellent, service was great and the flavor was unexplainable. I cannot tell you how good it tasted. Boy was I glad I had leftovers for that night! The added bonus of fresh really made my day. The price was a litle bit more than I was used to but hey, for a special meal or a date night? Guys, let me tell you. If you and your honey want a great meal, this is the place to go. Forget the steak dinner or the romantic diner. This is the absolute best place if you like a good mexican meal.

Now, for those of you with children, I would urge you to check out their deals. The one near me is running the buy one adult entree get a childs meal free every Tuesday. This makes it well worth the price. There was a small bar area but it was not a major part of the restaurant. Which is something I know parents like to be careful of. But it didn't bother me at all because of how out of the way it was. I will definitely be going back in the future.

I did not receive any monetary compensation. I received meals for my review purposes. All thoughts are 100% mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...