Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Am...Gabriel DVD Review + Interview with Mike Norris

Below I have a review for the new film, I Am...Gabriel DVD and an interview with Mike Norris! Check it out and get your copy today!

All things made new.

Promise, Texas is no place to raise a family. There’s no rain, businesses are failing, and the kids can’t wait to grow up and move away. Some folks say the town is cursed. But just when things are at their darkest, a mysterious boy wanders out of the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on his back and a strange mat tucked under his arm. He has a message for the people of Promise, but they’re slow to listen. They are blind to the similarities between the slow death of the town and their own parched souls. Confronted by their spiritual shortcomings, the town’s indignation turns to outrage. Still, the boy holds true to his message: there is no hope without Christ, and Promise can only be remade through earnest communion with the Father. In the end, with his back against the wall — surrounded by skeptics — the boy is forced to reveal his true identity.

Directed by Mike Norris (Walker Texas Ranger) and starring John Schneider (Smallville) and Dean Cain (Lois & Clark), I am…Gabriel is a lesson in connecting with those that really matter, whether they be on earth – or in Heaven. Also starring: Carey Scott (Birdie & Bogey), Rebekah Kennedy (Memphis Beat), and Elise Baughman (Monk).

Original story and movie treatment by Neal Odom.

MY REVIEW-I was somewhat skeptic about this DVD. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect as far as a child being an angel. Not saying it couldn't happen, but not sure how I would like it. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this film! The plot is very different and for those of you who like something out of the ordinary, this is your type of movie.

The acting was well done by many actors I am familiar with. Dean Cain, John Schneider, and not to mention the director, Mike Norris. This movie will give you chills if you will take it to heart. Makes you really examine how much of a close walk you have with the Lord and if it is personal. I know miracles are not done much now a days but this makes you think. There are some funny parts and some parts that will make you cry. Excellent film by Echolight Studios!!

INTERVIEW WITH MIKE NORRIS-
Could you give us a little bit of the story behind this film, I Am Gabriel?
I went to meet a friend for lunch in Justin Tx. I saw a woman behind the counter who I later found out co-owned the restaurant with her husband. As I was paying the bill I told her I would like to give her a gift. I had a copy of one of our films (Maggie's Pasage) in my car and I gave her the DVD. She looked at it and said, "What is this?" I told her I just wanted to give her a gift. It turns out that they had wanted to make a film for 2 years. Just one of those God things.
For more info on the plot line, here is the synopsis:
Promise, Texas is no place to raise a family. There's no rain, businesses are failing, and the kids can't wait to grow up and move away. Some folks say the town is cursed. But just when things are at their darkest, a mysterious boy wanders out of the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on his back and a strange mat tucked under his arm. He has a message for the people of Promise, but they're slow to listen. They are blind to the similarities between the slow death of the town and their own parched souls. Confronted by their spiritual shortcomings, the town's indignation turns to outrage. Still, the boy holds true to his message: there is no hope without Christ, and Promise can only be remade through earnest communion with the Father. In the end, with his back against the wall - surrounded by skeptics - the boy is forced to reveal his true identity.Directed by Mike Norris (Walker Texas Ranger) and starring John Schneider (Smallville) and Dean Cain (Lois & Clark), I Am Gabriel is a lesson in connecting with those that really matter, whether they be on earth - or in Heaven.
What is one funny story in all your years of directing and producing films?
There are many, but one memorable story took place when I was directing Walker Texas Ranger. My dad wanted my son who was 8 months at the time to play an abandoned baby. I said we needed twins to play the part. He said no. Well, he was the boss. In one particular scene my son Max was getting his diaper changed by Walker and Max accidently urinated during the scene, hitting Walker. It was funny and made the final cut.
What do you want to come across in this film if the viewers take away only one thing?
Miracles are real.

Thanks so much for allowing me to interview you, Mike!

TRAILER FOR I AM...GABRIEL

2 comments:

BrendaC said...

I hadn't heard of this movie but will certainly be watching for it. I always enjoy watching anything with Dean Cain in it.

Unknown said...

sounds powerful; a must see movie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...