Friday, May 15, 2015

Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Today!!! #FCblogger

*Disclosure* I received an appreciation certificate in exchange for this post. All thoughts are 100% mine. 

Well, today is a day that I am really standing behind. Does anyone know what day it is? Oh, sorry about that, I did put it in the title didn't I? :) Today just happens to be Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. Personally in my life I know a few men who are members of law enforcement. And I daily thank the Lord they are working where they do. Though at times it can be scary, I am appreciative for all our men and women in uniform. So today it the day to go out and thank them. It could be someone you know, or maybe as you go to dinner tonight you drop off some pizzas at the local fire station. Or one of my favorites would be to get together a gift basket to take over. Check out some ideas below for goodies I would put in my basket:)



First off, you can't make it up without a basket. Your options are endless on this so choose wisely. For me, I would do a smaller size basket because our town is relatively small. But for those who have a larger fire station or police department, just pick up a larger one.



And now comes the fun part! Fill your basket with whatever catches your fancy. I would add in several movies, some snacks or baked goods, as well as some Gospel literature. Throw in enough copies of the movie so that the guys can all take one home with them, or do some different ones so they can pick and choose.



I know some of you probably think this sounds somewhat girly, but our men in uniform really need our support and appreciation. There are several movies that would be great for this basket. Fireproof is one you could use for the local fire department. While Courageous is great for any department.



There are also book options for you to include. Many of these brave men and women fight their own battles and could use some encouragement. Check out the Law Enforcement Bible I found! I never knew they had one of these but looking at purchasing some for the guys at our local department.



I know there are also books made from the Courageous and Fireproof films so those might be a good option. Once you have added your products, bake up some cookies or breads and nicely wrap them up to put in the basket. I do this around Christmas time and people always love home baked goodies. If you don't want to go that route, you can always purchase from a store.

So, what do you think? This is a great time to share the Gospel through literature or movies and the law enforcement members will enjoy being appreciated.

Leave a comment below if you have done anything like this, or what you would put in the basket.

*Note, all the products shown can be purchased through the Family Christian website. Be sure to check them out for all your appreciation needs.*



**DISCLOSURE: All thoughts are 100% mine. Please read my full disclosure policy HERE.**

2 comments:

Dede said...

I haven't seen Fireproof yet but have heard so many good things about it! We made sure to let our school SRO know how much he's appreciated this week.

Gena said...

What a great idea! Especially because you can drop a gift like this off to the local station to be shared. Guys who are on duty over night need entertainment, why not something that will inspire them! Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...