Monday, August 8, 2011

10 Healthy Tips to get Your Kids Ready for School

Well, another opportunity has arisen with Social Moms and I have stood up for it:) They have teamed up with Transitions Lenses this time around and I have to say, this is something near and dear to my heart. I wear glasses and I know how it is to have problems with not being able to see clearly, etc. So I am going to share ten tips I think will help with making sure your child is healthy and ready for school.

1.Check Eyes.
This is at the top of my list! I remember when I was younger and had trouble reading sentences from the blackboard because I couldn't see that far. Then we found out I needed glasses. I think this is something you need to constantly be watching for, not just near school time, but before school starts is a great time to check it! Most optical places will check a child's eyes for free and Wal-Mart is always there.

2.Do a Health Check-up.
This can include dental, a physical, etc. Normally you are going to tell when something is wrong with your child. You are always around them so you will pick up on things. But sometimes it is something we can't see. A check-up always helps for those problems we can't see.

3.Eat Lots of Veggies.
I try to incorporate a lot of vegetables in our meals at all times. They only help your child's body. Good for them and if you make them taste good, they will love them!

4.Take Vitamins.
We always have gummy vitamins on hand and the children take them every day. School time is always a threat because of mixing with a lot of other children. You never know when the flu will go around, etc. Keep your children healthy:)

5.Keep Active.
Activity is always good for the body. Whether it is the children or the parents:) Get out and get active! We try to play racquetball, basketball and kickball at least a couple times a week.

6.Teach Your Children Sanitary Importance.
This is a biggie in our household. We always take a trip to the bathroom before meals to wash hands, etc. Teach your children about washing their hands after playing with other children, before eating, etc. Tell them about the germs that abound:)

7.Healthy Tips for Eating.
Teach your children how to make healthy food choices while at school. Advise them on the good foods, what is bad for them, what will make them tired, etc. If you can help them now, it will be better in the long run.

8.Get Well Rested.
During the summer time schedule kind of flies out the window. Make sure the children are well rested as this can mess up their learning and concentration. I know how it feels to be up until midnight and then getting up at 6:30:) It doesn't feel good! And you always feel woozy and out of the loop the whole rest of the day. Help your children!

9.Plan A Schedule.
I am the type of person who always has a schedule. I like to know when we are going to the grocery store, who is picking up mail, etc. During school hours it is always best to have a schedule so you know who is going where and doing what.

10.Start the Day Right.
Make sure to have your children ready for the day by starting off with breakfast. Whether a bowl of cereal or eggs and bacon, research has shown that the day is better with breakfast! Start them off right:)

So, got any tips for me? I would love to hear them in the comments below. Thanks for sticking with me for this one:) Check out Transitions Lenses on Twitter for new tips! And for some fun new hints and facts, check out Eye Didn't Know That!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Transitions Lenses blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

agujas said...

I have seen here what is the responsibilities of mom on her children?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...